The Comical Misadventures of a Rambling Mind
1/23/2006

BEANS AND CORNBREAD

I like to cook. This may or may not be evident. I was posting some of my favorite recipes at one time. That idea drifted off as I began to over-think what I was doing. What value did such a post have to a reader? Not that a lot of my posts have value, but you know what I'm saying... Trying to keep the reader's interest in mind.

But I'm getting off track...

A friend of mine tossed around the idea of opening a restaurant with her husband. They are both excellent cooks and they make some of the best salsa, burritos, and tacos that I've ever had. Homemade tortillas! No Ortega here... I stole her pico de gallo and salsa verde recipes. If they ever do open a restaurant, I'll have some insider secrets that I hope to sell back for a share of their business.

I will occasionally toy with the idea of what if I started my own catering business or restaurant. What would I have on the menu? What would be my 'hook'... my allure? I don't think I would ever do it (alone anyway) just because I don't have any real training and a lot of what I cook is based on what I like. So once I find something I like and can make decently well, I make it often.

Come on in and try one of over 30 chicken and/or pasta recipes made by a gay man!

Not exactly ground breaking news...

Most of the times I think like this when I've seen some program on The Food Network and think to myself, "Hell, I could do that. All she freakin' did was pour salsa in Easy Mac & Cheese. That's not cooking!" Or it will be someone who talks about how they had such a simple idea that turned into a huge business. Paula Deen started out by making quick and easy sack lunches for people calling her business The Bag Lady. It's a super clever name. There always seems to be a business in busy corporate types who don't have time to fix a lunch or step away from their desk to buy something.

So that starts me thinking... I could make something like that. That's super easy! "That" being whatever recipe o' the day I just watched on Food Network. I suppose that's the idea. Show recipes that anyone can make. But seriously... Tomato soup with a grilled ham and cheese. Please... that's nothing. Pouring salsa in with a box of Kraft dinner (as the Canadians call it). You call yourself a chef?

Get out of my kitchen!

If nothing else all this gives me the motivation to at least collect all my favorite recipes that I think turn out well and can make easily enough. Just in case I do decide to make food for a living of some sort.
I posted this @ 1/23/2006 11:41:00 AM.............Need a link?..........

I'm a 30-something student of human nature. A music-lovin', groove-shakin', laugh-inducin', dish-cookin', gossip-slingin', type of guy. This is my diary of sorts...

HOME
100 Things
How Well Do You Know Me?


4124101
yahoo
omahomo

Olbermann: Gay marriage is a question of love
Gay ex-governor says he's too poor for alimony
-Barack’s Gay Balance
Calif. Supreme Court rejects gay marriage ban
-Where the Bears don't fear to tread
ABBA Melody
by
ABBA PUPPETS

BLOGROLL ME!

"The Day I Helped Kill A Baby" - Joe.My.God.
"Summertime Blues" - Tomato Nation
"Mama Crazy" - Pamie.com
"Something I Will Never Forget" - Pamie.com
"OMG! It's a teenager." - Does This Mean...
"The God of Comedy Setup Lines" - Frolic & Detour
"Can't Handle The Tooth" - Hissyfit

F6 l c f+++! g+ m++ s(e)

B6 d- t k+ s u-- f i o+ x e+ l+ c

GSS d- s: a C++ W++ PS+ tv++ b+ e++ h- r++ y+

SMo/Ga/Ma A31 W+ H+ w h D+ E+ C++ e++ f Ma S+++

B3 f c-v g+ k? s--

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Add to Technorati Favorites!


Counting Sheep
Originally uploaded by Fib.