The Comical Misadventures of a Rambling Mind
7/18/2008

I'LL BE THERE FOR YOU

Every so often the planets align and there is a convergence. A meeting of the minds. Then we add liquor to those minds and make them play Taboo. That was pretty much how last Saturday went down.

I'd been stressing about this for at least a week, but it was 'bad' that Saturday. Mark can attest that I was kinda freaking out the morning before the party. A quick trip to the grocery store to procure the needed supplies and we were set. My anxiety didn't really settle down til people were showing up and I started cooking.


Darts!


We had a good turn out. We had TONS of food!! Seriously... Between salads and dips and appetizers and drinkies we were set.

I love the first 30 minutes to an hour of any party. No one wants to be the first to dive into the food. Do you break out the games already? TV usually pulls people in and away from conversation. Music usually pulls them together. What if there is an awkward silence? Then I realize that these are people that we've known for years.


Holding Down The Couch


I went to start the grilling and all was well. People were chatting. Enjoying themselves. Then the food starts. One thing I love about potluck parties is seeing whatever everyone brings. Even if they just buy something from the store. It might be something I've never had. We had some very tasty food there.

Rachel Ray always says to not make something over the top your first time out. Along those same lines, a group of party guests is not the time to experiment with a new recipe. I stuck with pretty standard stuff. A red pepper dip I'd made before. Some tortilla wrap-ups (which I'd never made, but kinda hard to screw up. If you can make a sandwich, you can make these). Mark made a Mexican cheesecake which is a standard request for his work functions. He is the cheesecake king!


Yearbook Fun


We broke out the Taboo. Mark and I are competitive people. Not that we HAVE to win, but we are gonna give it our all. It was a great game of couples, with Angie & Rachael making a psuedo couple for the night. It was fun to see how poorly Mark and I started out. I blame the extra strength spiked lemonade. I love Taboo mainly because it's fun to see what 'inside' jokes & clues people use to help them guess a word. With Mark I know I can use references from musicals that I might know (which are few).

It wasn't long after that we broke out Scene It. This time we mixed it up boys vs. girls. I think we were pretty evenly matched. Angie & Mark were pretty evenly matched on some clues. I definitely sensed a rivalry.


Lounging


Some how the year book from our senior year was found. What we've discovered is that Mark had the uncanny ability to locate the visually impaired students in our class. It's his new superpower. It's mutant in origin, I swear.

I can tell you that it was a late night (or early morning) when every decided to leave for their respectively homes. It was a great night! I can also confirm that I fell asleep on the floor while Mark sat at the computer. Lovingly, Mark did not leave me there. I found may way up several stairs and to the bedroom.

More of the following day was a blur, rather than the night on indulgence before. It's been a looong time since I've had a hangover at all let alone one of that caliber.

So who's hosting the next game night?!


The Gang

Labels: ,

I posted this @ 7/18/2008 05:31:00 PM.............Need a link?..........

I'm a 30-something student of human nature. A music-lovin', groove-shakin', laugh-inducin', dish-cookin', gossip-slingin', type of guy. This is my diary of sorts...

HOME
100 Things
How Well Do You Know Me?


4124101
yahoo
omahomo

Olbermann: Gay marriage is a question of love
Gay ex-governor says he's too poor for alimony
-Barack’s Gay Balance
Calif. Supreme Court rejects gay marriage ban
-Where the Bears don't fear to tread
ABBA Melody
by
ABBA PUPPETS

BLOGROLL ME!

"The Day I Helped Kill A Baby" - Joe.My.God.
"Summertime Blues" - Tomato Nation
"Mama Crazy" - Pamie.com
"Something I Will Never Forget" - Pamie.com
"OMG! It's a teenager." - Does This Mean...
"The God of Comedy Setup Lines" - Frolic & Detour
"Can't Handle The Tooth" - Hissyfit

F6 l c f+++! g+ m++ s(e)

B6 d- t k+ s u-- f i o+ x e+ l+ c

GSS d- s: a C++ W++ PS+ tv++ b+ e++ h- r++ y+

SMo/Ga/Ma A31 W+ H+ w h D+ E+ C++ e++ f Ma S+++

B3 f c-v g+ k? s--

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Add to Technorati Favorites!


Counting Sheep
Originally uploaded by Fib.