The Comical Misadventures of a Rambling Mind
6/16/2008

GETTING TO KNOW YOU

Anytime I've taken a personality test (the actual ones, not the ones that circulate the emails and blog memes) I typically come out on the border of introversion/extroversion. It depends on the time of the month, I guess.

I chose a career path where I would be dealing with people all the time. There are times when I think that I really am not cut out for dealing with people. Maybe I'm just too cranky, or I'm just solitary. Maybe I really just couldn't care less. Yet, I think everyone has moments like that. It's being able to push thru all the crap we get from people to really get to know the person themselves.


Every so often I get a reminder that I really am a student of human nature. People fascinate me. I really do have to hold back sometimes because I can be inappropriate with my questions. The problem, as I've said many times, is I dislike small talk. I'm not good at it. I may ask about the weather or how your pets are doing, but if I do, it's because I really am curious. I'm not going to ask because I have nothing better to talk about. On the same note, I'd rather ask about your father who is fighting cancer. I'd rather find out why you are terrified of storms. I'd rather know why your favorite meal is your favorite meal. I'm just curious about people.

Labels:

I posted this @ 6/16/2008 06:03:00 PM.............Need a link?..........

I'm a 30-something student of human nature. A music-lovin', groove-shakin', laugh-inducin', dish-cookin', gossip-slingin', type of guy. This is my diary of sorts...

HOME
100 Things
How Well Do You Know Me?


4124101
yahoo
omahomo

Olbermann: Gay marriage is a question of love
Gay ex-governor says he's too poor for alimony
-Barack’s Gay Balance
Calif. Supreme Court rejects gay marriage ban
-Where the Bears don't fear to tread
ABBA Melody
by
ABBA PUPPETS

BLOGROLL ME!

"The Day I Helped Kill A Baby" - Joe.My.God.
"Summertime Blues" - Tomato Nation
"Mama Crazy" - Pamie.com
"Something I Will Never Forget" - Pamie.com
"OMG! It's a teenager." - Does This Mean...
"The God of Comedy Setup Lines" - Frolic & Detour
"Can't Handle The Tooth" - Hissyfit

F6 l c f+++! g+ m++ s(e)

B6 d- t k+ s u-- f i o+ x e+ l+ c

GSS d- s: a C++ W++ PS+ tv++ b+ e++ h- r++ y+

SMo/Ga/Ma A31 W+ H+ w h D+ E+ C++ e++ f Ma S+++

B3 f c-v g+ k? s--

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Add to Technorati Favorites!


Counting Sheep
Originally uploaded by Fib.