The Comical Misadventures of a Rambling Mind
8/01/2007

SOMEONE'S IN THE KITCHEN WITH DINAH

So perhaps I've mentioned before that I can't bake. Even given the fact that I did create a Jell-O cake... I still profess to not be able to bake.

Exhibit A:

I wanted something sweet and figured cake was good. It'd give Mark and I something to have for dessert. Cake mix was procured.

I add the eggs. I add the oil. I start mixing away. I notice that the batter is like frosting, but stickier. It's glue like.

I should point out that the bowl I was using was WAY to small to mix in. But it was the biggest one that was clean. But it ws NOT going to do. So I washed a larger bowl and transferred the mix to it.

Well I didn't know any better. Maybe this is what Super Moist looks like going into the pan. The batter was not spreading out. There was no way this was going to fill up a cake pan and actually produce cake.

Looking at the box, this is when I realize I forgot to add water. The simplest ingredient and I overlook it. So I here I am questioning... could I just add the water to the pan and mix it in the pan itself. I should add here, that I have one of those silicone baking pans. So while it rocks for heat distribution and clean-up it is horrible on the stability side of things when moving non-solidified masses.

I decided to move the unbaked mess back to the bowl, added water, and remix things. It took a while for the glob to take the water and break down into a more liquid state. Once it did, then back to the pan and on with the baking and eventual frosting.

Besides it being a more precise science, culinarily speaking, I am often oblivious to obvious directions like "add 1 3/4 cups water". This is why I don't bake.

Labels: ,

I posted this @ 8/01/2007 11:39:00 AM.............Need a link?..........

I'm a 30-something student of human nature. A music-lovin', groove-shakin', laugh-inducin', dish-cookin', gossip-slingin', type of guy. This is my diary of sorts...

HOME
100 Things
How Well Do You Know Me?


4124101
yahoo
omahomo

Olbermann: Gay marriage is a question of love
Gay ex-governor says he's too poor for alimony
-Barack’s Gay Balance
Calif. Supreme Court rejects gay marriage ban
-Where the Bears don't fear to tread
ABBA Melody
by
ABBA PUPPETS

BLOGROLL ME!

"The Day I Helped Kill A Baby" - Joe.My.God.
"Summertime Blues" - Tomato Nation
"Mama Crazy" - Pamie.com
"Something I Will Never Forget" - Pamie.com
"OMG! It's a teenager." - Does This Mean...
"The God of Comedy Setup Lines" - Frolic & Detour
"Can't Handle The Tooth" - Hissyfit

F6 l c f+++! g+ m++ s(e)

B6 d- t k+ s u-- f i o+ x e+ l+ c

GSS d- s: a C++ W++ PS+ tv++ b+ e++ h- r++ y+

SMo/Ga/Ma A31 W+ H+ w h D+ E+ C++ e++ f Ma S+++

B3 f c-v g+ k? s--

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Add to Technorati Favorites!


Counting Sheep
Originally uploaded by Fib.