The Comical Misadventures of a Rambling Mind
1/19/2007

I'M SORRY NOW

I have been a fan of Grey's Anatomy since the beginning of the show. I openly admitted have a crush on T.R. Knight's character. Not because of his looks, but because of the character he portrayed. George O'Malley is intelligent if not a little bumbling. Nervous in an endearing way. Always sincere. In the few interviews that I've seen of him he's seemed much the same (if not a little less bumbling).

Last fall, when co-star Isiaiah Washington (Dr. Preston Burke on GA) referred to T.R. as a "faggot" during an onset dispute with fellow actor Patrick Dempsey I was a little surprised. In my mind, I figure it's Hollywood. There are gay actors all over the place (some less open than others). How close-minded could a person be? The flip side of that being. They're human. Location doesn't affect a person's prejudices or hate as much as I thought it might.

Now whether Washington's usage was because of a personal dislike for T.R. or a 'general' slur... what gets me most is how he's responded since then.

Following the incident a statement of apology was issued by Washington for using such a term. Ok... so was all forgiven or was that more just a PR spin?

T.R. outs himself in the wake of Lance Bass and Neil Patrick Harris. Did he really have much choice at that point?

Now we come to the Golden Globes this past Monday. Backstage Washington denied ever making the remark. Saying that it "never happened." Huh? Since then it seems to have spiraled even more. T.R. has been on Ellen where he openly talked about the fact that Isaiah did in fact call him a faggot. Going on to say that he had "never been called that to [his] face" before in his life.

So why even write about this? I don't understand the motivation behind denying it happened. Even if you are personally trying to put it behind you, in the world of showbiz there are going to me questions. Everyone wants the inside dish. Wouldn't you think at some point you'd want just start saying it's an internal matter. Or that it's been dealt with and you're trying to move past it. In my mind, denying it only fuels the curiosity as if there is more to tell.

I certainly thought less of Washington as an actor on a show I enjoy. Even watching (yet another teary) episode, last night... I find my view of Washington tainted. During a touching seen Between Dr. Burke and O'Malley all I could think about is the controversy and conflict between the two of them.

Has Washington said anything sincere? Was his apology really meant or something that he was asked (i.e. forced) to do to save face for himself and the show?

Labels: , ,

I posted this @ 1/19/2007 07:09:00 AM.............Need a link?..........

I'm a 30-something student of human nature. A music-lovin', groove-shakin', laugh-inducin', dish-cookin', gossip-slingin', type of guy. This is my diary of sorts...

HOME
100 Things
How Well Do You Know Me?


4124101
yahoo
omahomo

Olbermann: Gay marriage is a question of love
Gay ex-governor says he's too poor for alimony
-Barack’s Gay Balance
Calif. Supreme Court rejects gay marriage ban
-Where the Bears don't fear to tread
ABBA Melody
by
ABBA PUPPETS

BLOGROLL ME!

"The Day I Helped Kill A Baby" - Joe.My.God.
"Summertime Blues" - Tomato Nation
"Mama Crazy" - Pamie.com
"Something I Will Never Forget" - Pamie.com
"OMG! It's a teenager." - Does This Mean...
"The God of Comedy Setup Lines" - Frolic & Detour
"Can't Handle The Tooth" - Hissyfit

F6 l c f+++! g+ m++ s(e)

B6 d- t k+ s u-- f i o+ x e+ l+ c

GSS d- s: a C++ W++ PS+ tv++ b+ e++ h- r++ y+

SMo/Ga/Ma A31 W+ H+ w h D+ E+ C++ e++ f Ma S+++

B3 f c-v g+ k? s--

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Add to Technorati Favorites!


Counting Sheep
Originally uploaded by Fib.