The Comical Misadventures of a Rambling Mind
12/11/2006

I'M GOIN' TO KANSAS CITY. KANSAS CITY HERE I COME

The Cute Teacher and I made a day trip to KCMO this weekend. The weather was perfect for it. I was armed with my ipod of music and podcasts to entertain us, while he came prepared with some of his personal favorite and the Dreamgirls soundtrack on CDs. It's a musical cultural exchange. I'm being exposed to all sorts of musicals that I didn't know. Prior to this, my only musical experiences have been Grease, Rocky Horror, and Little Shop of Horrors. All of which are pretty mainstream when it comes to music.

Lonely In LoveIt was an easy trip. Though I had some navigational help. Which I'll get to shortly. Lloyd, hold your tongue...

The intent was to spend a nice afternoon wandering the shops of The Plaza in downtown Kansas City. And that we did. I spent less time trying to find a place to park than I had anticipated. Making our way to the actual area of The Plaza we came across a display of sculptures. They were cool in a cartoon kind of way. Yet the sans-faced big-shoed rainslicker-wearing kid was a little creepy.

The shopping was really pretty good. CT having some New York big city experience fought through the crowds expertly. I had only a little big city experience, but I managed ok. Because there were a LOT of people. Everyone and their mother was in The Plaza.

I'm amused by lights. I always have been. I was looking forward to seeing the buildings lit. They didn't disappoint. Unfortunately my cold and unsteady hand didn't allow for many photos to be taken. I didn't feel like carrying a tripod. Once our stomachs started to growl we tried to find a place to eat that didn't involve waiting for two hours. We were fortunate to find Baja 600 with a 50-minute wait (that ended up only being 30-minutes). We both had the house special, the Enchilada 600. The Plaza LightsYou gotta love a place that gives free chips and salsa to get you started. Who needs a paid appetizer? I'm always a big fan of sour cream, but what I fond I'm a new fan of on my mexican food is jalapeno cream cheese. Oh my God!! It made every bite of my enchilada better. Ask for it at your next Mexican dining experience.

Driving home I made the same fatal mistake that I made driving back from Chicago. I presumed I was familiar enough with the roads. If I got lost I could head in the general direction that I wanted to go that all would be good. This plan lasted all of about five block. Even getting out of The Plaza area was an issue. It took me a few minutes to get my bearings. Even then, I'm thankful I had a good navigator. Of course any credibility I had with claiming to be good with directions was lost. Anyone seeing a trend?

As I mentioned in a previous post, my visit to KC has put me in a 'big city' mood where I enjoy the crowds. I enjoy the hustle and bustle of big city life. There really is so much more energy in a larger place that I feed off of. It really energizes me in a way that I'm not sure I can explain to someone who has never felt the same thing.

We are already making plans for our next day trip or big city weekend. I can't wait.
I posted this @ 12/11/2006 06:49:00 PM.............Need a link?..........

I'm a 30-something student of human nature. A music-lovin', groove-shakin', laugh-inducin', dish-cookin', gossip-slingin', type of guy. This is my diary of sorts...

HOME
100 Things
How Well Do You Know Me?


4124101
yahoo
omahomo

Olbermann: Gay marriage is a question of love
Gay ex-governor says he's too poor for alimony
-Barack’s Gay Balance
Calif. Supreme Court rejects gay marriage ban
-Where the Bears don't fear to tread
ABBA Melody
by
ABBA PUPPETS

BLOGROLL ME!

"The Day I Helped Kill A Baby" - Joe.My.God.
"Summertime Blues" - Tomato Nation
"Mama Crazy" - Pamie.com
"Something I Will Never Forget" - Pamie.com
"OMG! It's a teenager." - Does This Mean...
"The God of Comedy Setup Lines" - Frolic & Detour
"Can't Handle The Tooth" - Hissyfit

F6 l c f+++! g+ m++ s(e)

B6 d- t k+ s u-- f i o+ x e+ l+ c

GSS d- s: a C++ W++ PS+ tv++ b+ e++ h- r++ y+

SMo/Ga/Ma A31 W+ H+ w h D+ E+ C++ e++ f Ma S+++

B3 f c-v g+ k? s--

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Add to Technorati Favorites!


Counting Sheep
Originally uploaded by Fib.