The Comical Misadventures of a Rambling Mind
10/23/2006

YOU DIDN'T EVEN BOTHER TO ASK ME A QUESTION

Do we purposely torture ourselves? Do we make decisions in our lifetime that we know aren't the best, only to have those choices cause pain both physically and mentally? Sometimes the decisions are out of our hands. Hopefully more times than not, they are within our control.

This may sound like the beginning of PMS (Poor Me Syndrome) but I swear it's not. I have been thinking about some of these things for a while. I guess I just feel like writing about them at this point.

It never ceases to amaze me that we will say yes to something knowing that we will most likely be hurt. I've tried to hold true to a 'rule' that I'd rather take a chance and get hurt, than not take the chance on wonder. Now this isn't a mantra I follow all this time. But it is certainly something I make an effort to keep in mind.

I feel like I'm in a good place in my life right now. I know things can be improved. Yet, isn't that always the case in anyone's life? I feel like I've finally started doing my #1 goal on my list of 101 in 1001. (Well, it's #96 on the list, but it's the top priority)

Additionally, I feel like my life has gone from 0 to 60 back to 0 and even reverse a little bit to 60 and then sped up to pass a couple slower cars. You would think this is a bad thing. It has a rollercoaster feel to it. I don't disagree. I wouldn't say that it has bothered me. I've been sort of at peace with the things in life that have made my life speed up and slow down.

What I do think about with all the starting and stopping is did I do it to myself? Could I have maintained an appropriate cruising speed and been just fine? Did I have to take all those turns and shifted so many gears in order to get to where I am now?

Maybe it's all a moot point. I'm here and that is really all that matters. Though, I think it's important to learn from our past. It has made us who we are and shapes who we are going to be. A lot can be taken and applied to our daily lives. Why not analyze it?

A lot of questions... maybe not a lot of answers.
I posted this @ 10/23/2006 10:25:00 AM.............Need a link?..........

I'm a 30-something student of human nature. A music-lovin', groove-shakin', laugh-inducin', dish-cookin', gossip-slingin', type of guy. This is my diary of sorts...

HOME
100 Things
How Well Do You Know Me?


4124101
yahoo
omahomo

Olbermann: Gay marriage is a question of love
Gay ex-governor says he's too poor for alimony
-Barack’s Gay Balance
Calif. Supreme Court rejects gay marriage ban
-Where the Bears don't fear to tread
ABBA Melody
by
ABBA PUPPETS

BLOGROLL ME!

"The Day I Helped Kill A Baby" - Joe.My.God.
"Summertime Blues" - Tomato Nation
"Mama Crazy" - Pamie.com
"Something I Will Never Forget" - Pamie.com
"OMG! It's a teenager." - Does This Mean...
"The God of Comedy Setup Lines" - Frolic & Detour
"Can't Handle The Tooth" - Hissyfit

F6 l c f+++! g+ m++ s(e)

B6 d- t k+ s u-- f i o+ x e+ l+ c

GSS d- s: a C++ W++ PS+ tv++ b+ e++ h- r++ y+

SMo/Ga/Ma A31 W+ H+ w h D+ E+ C++ e++ f Ma S+++

B3 f c-v g+ k? s--

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Add to Technorati Favorites!


Counting Sheep
Originally uploaded by Fib.