The Comical Misadventures of a Rambling Mind
9/18/2006

I'M WALKING ON SUNSHINE.... WHOOOAAA!!!

I was reminded of a movie that I didn't mention, by two people; Lloyd, who highly recommended the movie to me, Jay, who I blackmailed into seeing the movie with me.

LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE - I love this movie. This is exactly the type of dark comedy that I really enjoy. The laughs are there, but they come in the form of everyday situations and everyday people who manage to talk themselves into doing humorous situations. We've all been there at some point, I'm sure. If you have never said, "It seemed like a good idea at the time," then this movie isn't for you.

LMS follow Olive, a beauty pagent wanna-be, and her family as they travel to the Little Miss Sunshine pageant in Redondo Beach, CA. Along for the ride are Dad (the failed motivational speaker), Mom (the glue trying to keep it together), Dwayne, (the Neitzche follower who's taken a vow of silence to show his dedication to the military, Frank (Mom, Sheryl's brother who recently attempted suicide), and finally Grandpa, (the snarky old fart who is acting as Olive's dance coach).

What really struck me about this movie was that the comedy almost plays out backwards. Almost... The absurdity hits you right away in the movie and you're forced to just deal with they quirks of each of these people. As the movie goes on then you come to know and feel for them.

There is some serious subtext about the shallowness of beauty and pagentry. Body image. Self-esteem. Overcoming personal tragedy. By the end it's easier to see them as your extended family. It's easier to look at your family and see that there is comedy everywhere.

I will definitely buy this movie!!
I posted this @ 9/18/2006 09:15:00 AM.............Need a link?..........

I'm a 30-something student of human nature. A music-lovin', groove-shakin', laugh-inducin', dish-cookin', gossip-slingin', type of guy. This is my diary of sorts...

HOME
100 Things
How Well Do You Know Me?


4124101
yahoo
omahomo

Olbermann: Gay marriage is a question of love
Gay ex-governor says he's too poor for alimony
-Barack’s Gay Balance
Calif. Supreme Court rejects gay marriage ban
-Where the Bears don't fear to tread
ABBA Melody
by
ABBA PUPPETS

BLOGROLL ME!

"The Day I Helped Kill A Baby" - Joe.My.God.
"Summertime Blues" - Tomato Nation
"Mama Crazy" - Pamie.com
"Something I Will Never Forget" - Pamie.com
"OMG! It's a teenager." - Does This Mean...
"The God of Comedy Setup Lines" - Frolic & Detour
"Can't Handle The Tooth" - Hissyfit

F6 l c f+++! g+ m++ s(e)

B6 d- t k+ s u-- f i o+ x e+ l+ c

GSS d- s: a C++ W++ PS+ tv++ b+ e++ h- r++ y+

SMo/Ga/Ma A31 W+ H+ w h D+ E+ C++ e++ f Ma S+++

B3 f c-v g+ k? s--

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Add to Technorati Favorites!


Counting Sheep
Originally uploaded by Fib.