The Comical Misadventures of a Rambling Mind
8/29/2006

NO BUSINESS LIKE SHOW BUSINESS

I feel that I must put in my two cents worth about the Emmy's from this last Sunday. Bullet-time, because that's how I roll.

-Conan O'Brien! He was hilarious! He didn't seem too tense about making fun of NBC, Tom Cruise, or even himself. His opening skit was great.

-The controversy about recreating the plane crash scene from Lost in the wake of the recent plane crash in Lexington. I can understand the controversy. I can see how it was in poor taste. Considering the timeliness and the fear-of-flying level that the world seems to be in right now. I get it. But from an industry stand point. I don't think they cared. It's easier to ask forgiveness than permission.

-Bob Newhart is a true comedic classic. His deadpanned expression of fear that his fate rested in the hands of a timely conclusion of the telecast was hilarious. When Jon Stewart took the stage for his Daily Show acceptance speech, but instead chose to pause and try and make the show go long. So dark. So funny. Poor Bob. He did make it out alive, with three minutes to spare. An Emmy record!

-Simon Cowell was booed. What the hell!? I don't care for him, but why boo the man on stage? Were they using kicked off Idol contestants as seat fillers? So anyway... Was it just me or did his "thank you" as a response to the booing see a tad bit sarcastic?

-Dick Clark... My God... What can I say? I have a special place inm yheart for Dick Clark. He was the one who really started the idea of music being a soundtrack of life. To be in the entertainment industry for so long and have so many projects that he was responsible for... Simply amazing. When he returned to the New Year's Eve telecast last... um... New Year's Eve (duh), it was hard for me to watch. I love him, but to see him in such a condition was heart breaking for me. But still I watched. Because the once immortal, finally showed signs of age. Dick was spirited enough to make light of his stroke. Saying that the producers asked him to walk out on stage to make a speech. But with time constraints he knew it would take too long. Dark. Yet, laughter through tears... Ah, welcome back old friend!

-Heidi Klum. I love you. Your show is In. Your comedy stylings being paired up with Jon Lithgow and Jeffrey Tambor is Out. Auf wiedersehen!

-Jon Steart and Stephen Colbert took the stage to present the award for best reality TV show. Colbert's opener calling the audience "godless sodomites" for watching a show that "rots the mind". Don't worry. He was just upset he lost to Barry Manilow. It's ok Stephen. There's always next year. You invented a buzz word. That's gotta count for something.

-Charlie's Angels reunion. Awkward much? As a tribute to Aaron Spelling they, along with Dynasty stars, Joan Collins, Steven Collins, and Heather Locklear, took the stage. Then let's cut to seat-shots of Tori and Mama Spelling who both looked equally moved in a overly-botoxed face sorta way. It's ok to cry, if you still have tear ducts.

-Yay for Bob Newhart performing one of the best non-spoken comedy routines of the evening. Did I already mention him? Well, shoot... Let's give it up for Dick Louden one more time. You win this round, Newhart. Next year? Marshall Wallace will be performing a strip tease that lasts exactly three hours. Afraid? I know I am.
I posted this @ 8/29/2006 11:43:00 AM.............Need a link?..........

I'm a 30-something student of human nature. A music-lovin', groove-shakin', laugh-inducin', dish-cookin', gossip-slingin', type of guy. This is my diary of sorts...

HOME
100 Things
How Well Do You Know Me?


4124101
yahoo
omahomo

Olbermann: Gay marriage is a question of love
Gay ex-governor says he's too poor for alimony
-Barack’s Gay Balance
Calif. Supreme Court rejects gay marriage ban
-Where the Bears don't fear to tread
ABBA Melody
by
ABBA PUPPETS

BLOGROLL ME!

"The Day I Helped Kill A Baby" - Joe.My.God.
"Summertime Blues" - Tomato Nation
"Mama Crazy" - Pamie.com
"Something I Will Never Forget" - Pamie.com
"OMG! It's a teenager." - Does This Mean...
"The God of Comedy Setup Lines" - Frolic & Detour
"Can't Handle The Tooth" - Hissyfit

F6 l c f+++! g+ m++ s(e)

B6 d- t k+ s u-- f i o+ x e+ l+ c

GSS d- s: a C++ W++ PS+ tv++ b+ e++ h- r++ y+

SMo/Ga/Ma A31 W+ H+ w h D+ E+ C++ e++ f Ma S+++

B3 f c-v g+ k? s--

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Add to Technorati Favorites!


Counting Sheep
Originally uploaded by Fib.