The Comical Misadventures of a Rambling Mind
9/14/2006

ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST

Since Labor Day has passed, school has started up again, and the days are getting noticeable shorter... It seems like a good time to talk about movies that I watched this summer.

Devil Wears Prada - I enjoyed this movie for the same reason I secretly enjoy watching What Not To Wear. I know nothing about fasion. But I can tell what is funny... and this movie IS funny. If Meryl Streep doesn't get some sort of award nod or acknowledgement for her role as Miranda Priestly, then someone is getting robbed. She's that good.

I am a little disappointed to see Anne Hathaway in, what I would consider, another Pauper to Princess role. After her stint in The Princess Diaries then to Brokeback Mountain, I hoped she'd turned a corner into more mature roles. This seems like a stpe backwards for her. Which isn't to mean, she isn't good in the movie. Just that as an actress, she's risking being typecast.

I probably wouldn't buy it for myself, but it is definitely on my Wish List.


Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest - Now if you aren't familiar with this movie already, some of this might be spoilers. But honestly, it's one of the top grossing movies of all time. If you haven't heard or seen anything about it by now... Well, I hope you're comfy under your rock.

The movie has a darker feel to it than the first one. It doesn't seem as light hearted. Which is fine as long as you know that going in to it. Because if you're hoping for a laugh-riot, then you might be disappointed. There is a LOT of plot development going on. Which are all leading up to a third PotC movie. But let's just stick with this movie for now. The movie is long and it feels like it towards the end. But you can't leave to pee because you'll miss something important. So you sit there in the theater hoping your bladder doesn't rupture.

I will definitely buy this movie. But I'll probably wait till all three are out and get a box set. You know they're going to do that.


The Descent - LLoyd and I saw this on one of my Chicago visits. First of all, I'm not a huge horror maven. They're fun, but they are fun in groups. I don't need to watch them by myself to freak myself out. This movie will do that. The movie is over half over before you even get a good look at any creature. The movie is very claustrophobic. Even for me, I was sitting there watching it and feeling a little enclosed.

The theater was packed and, like I said, that is the way horror movies should be watched. The group fear that spreads is amazing. Someone jumps and you jump. Someone may laugh to break the tension and suddenly everyone feels a little better. Trust me. You'll be jumping. There were some definite clutch on to someone moments.

I won't be buying this. Not that it's bad. I just don't need to sleep with the lights on.


Sin City - This isn't a new movie, but I finally DID see this movie. I thought it was excellent. The DVD had two main options on how to watch the movie. You can either see each chapter told seperately or see the movie as a whole (plus some bonus features like seeing it all in fast forward in ten minutes with the green screen.)

We watched the seperated version. While it was good, I definitely think it would be even better all mixed together. The only person I had a problem with in the movie was Alexis Bledel as innocent little backstabbing Becky. I didn't buy that she was a hooker. Her cute and innocent routine may work on Gilmore Girls, but she looked out of place in this movie.

I'm looking forward to the sequel(s).


I keep thinking I'm forgetting a movie. If I am, I'll come back and add it later.
I posted this @ 9/14/2006 11:41:00 AM.............Need a link?..........

I'm a 30-something student of human nature. A music-lovin', groove-shakin', laugh-inducin', dish-cookin', gossip-slingin', type of guy. This is my diary of sorts...

HOME
100 Things
How Well Do You Know Me?


4124101
yahoo
omahomo

Olbermann: Gay marriage is a question of love
Gay ex-governor says he's too poor for alimony
-Barack’s Gay Balance
Calif. Supreme Court rejects gay marriage ban
-Where the Bears don't fear to tread
ABBA Melody
by
ABBA PUPPETS

BLOGROLL ME!

"The Day I Helped Kill A Baby" - Joe.My.God.
"Summertime Blues" - Tomato Nation
"Mama Crazy" - Pamie.com
"Something I Will Never Forget" - Pamie.com
"OMG! It's a teenager." - Does This Mean...
"The God of Comedy Setup Lines" - Frolic & Detour
"Can't Handle The Tooth" - Hissyfit

F6 l c f+++! g+ m++ s(e)

B6 d- t k+ s u-- f i o+ x e+ l+ c

GSS d- s: a C++ W++ PS+ tv++ b+ e++ h- r++ y+

SMo/Ga/Ma A31 W+ H+ w h D+ E+ C++ e++ f Ma S+++

B3 f c-v g+ k? s--

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Add to Technorati Favorites!


Counting Sheep
Originally uploaded by Fib.