The Comical Misadventures of a Rambling Mind
4/24/2006

AND I SEE YOUR TRUE COLORS SHINING THROUGH

When Waiting Line pilfered this from me after I'd pilfered it. I, in return, am pilfering her idea back. Since I'd mentioned that it wasn't wholly true/untrue I thought I'd chime in with my thoughts on it.

Of the people that know my best friend, I'm not sure how many would peg him as funny right off the bat. I think he's hilarious. Maybe he hides it well. Anyway... He said something to me after I posted that personality link that I wanted to pass on.

MIKE: "I looked at your "colorgenics" personality profile link... And couldn't get past the first question because I've never felt "in harmony" with a colored cube, be it spinning or otherwise, in my life."


PERSONALITY PROFILE
You are a very sensitive person and you try hard (perhaps a little too hard) to make favourable impressions and to be recognised by your peers. But you have that inherent need to feel appreciated and admired and you are easily hurt if all of your endeavours go by unappreciated or not acknowledged. Stop trying so hard.

-You like me. You really like me. I do enjoy hearing that I've done a good job on something. I wouldn't say that I have to have it or that I am overly sensitive if I don't have someone's appreciation. I did think about being competitive when reading this. I enjoy winning. I like the acknowledgment that comes with winning a game or competition of some sort.


Enough is enough. Nothing seems to be working out as you would like it to and it has got to the stage where you feel as if you can't be bothered anymore. The way you feel is that it would be great if you could be cut off from everything and take it easy - be it only for a short time.

-I can definitely see this. I was just thinking about how I miss my alone time. I also have a new understanding for when people have said this to me in the past and I couldn't fathom why that would even be an issue. Call it growth.


In spite of the fact that you believe that your hopes and ideas are realistic, it is hard for you to accept that your needs and desires are misunderstood by almost everyone within your sphere of influenceand there is no-one to turn to or rely on.

-I would agree with this. Nothing against anyone I know who reads this. It's cliched, but true. "It's not you. It's me."


Your pent-up emotions and inherent egocentricity make you quick to take offence, but as matters stand you realise that you will have to make the best of things as they are.

-I am offended by that. But seriously... I don't think I am quick to take offense.


You are being unduly influenced by the situation that is all around you. You do not like the feeling of loneliness and whatever it is that seems to separate you from others.

-I would agree with this. I do not like the feeling of loneliness. If it was a choice between being lonely and being around people. I would choose to be around people. Sometimes I feel like I don't have a choice in this matter. When in actuality, I do. I always have.


You know that life can be wonderful and you are anxious to experience life in all its aspects, to live it to the full. You therefore resent any restriction or limitations that are being imposed on you and you insist on going it alone.

-Now this would see to fly in direct opposition to what the previous statement was. I would say that I do feel like I want to live life to the fullest. I can be rather stubborn if someone tries to tell me what to do. I would've never survived army boot camp. But I wouldn't say I insist on going it alone. What fun is it if you can't share it with someone else?


You are trying to build up your own position and you resist all external influences. You insist that you are your own person and you will not tolerate any outside interference. Decisive and proud, you are true managerial material.

-Am I? I've been told before that I make a good team leader because I am trustworthy and I listen to all sides and try to make things amicable between whoever is involved. I'm diplomatic.
I posted this @ 4/24/2006 11:11:00 AM.............Need a link?..........

I'm a 30-something student of human nature. A music-lovin', groove-shakin', laugh-inducin', dish-cookin', gossip-slingin', type of guy. This is my diary of sorts...

HOME
100 Things
How Well Do You Know Me?


4124101
yahoo
omahomo

Olbermann: Gay marriage is a question of love
Gay ex-governor says he's too poor for alimony
-Barack’s Gay Balance
Calif. Supreme Court rejects gay marriage ban
-Where the Bears don't fear to tread
ABBA Melody
by
ABBA PUPPETS

BLOGROLL ME!

"The Day I Helped Kill A Baby" - Joe.My.God.
"Summertime Blues" - Tomato Nation
"Mama Crazy" - Pamie.com
"Something I Will Never Forget" - Pamie.com
"OMG! It's a teenager." - Does This Mean...
"The God of Comedy Setup Lines" - Frolic & Detour
"Can't Handle The Tooth" - Hissyfit

F6 l c f+++! g+ m++ s(e)

B6 d- t k+ s u-- f i o+ x e+ l+ c

GSS d- s: a C++ W++ PS+ tv++ b+ e++ h- r++ y+

SMo/Ga/Ma A31 W+ H+ w h D+ E+ C++ e++ f Ma S+++

B3 f c-v g+ k? s--

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Add to Technorati Favorites!


Counting Sheep
Originally uploaded by Fib.