The Comical Misadventures of a Rambling Mind
4/17/2006

HE'S SO UNUSUAL

I've been a big fan and long time reader of Pamie.com. I've even gone so far as to write a fan letter. (Which I think would count as one of my 101 List of things that I can now check off.) She recently wrote an entry about Cyndi Lauper that I wanted to link to as well as sure my own Cyndi Lauper story.

I've written a few entries about the music of my life and the people and times I associate with a song. Cyndi Lauper has been someone that I've fascinated with for years.

When I was growing up my main source of new music was Friday Night Videos. An early memory is Cyndi Lauper's pre-Spice Girls "girl power" song Girls Just Want To Have Fun. Bubbly. Perky. Funky. Infectious. Once I heard it, I had to hear it again. I hoped it would remain in the Top Ten countdown for another week so I could record it on to my handheld cassette recorder.

Shortly after Girls Just Want To Have Fun came The Goonies. And if you consider me a friend I hope you know of my love for that movie. The theme song from the movie being Goonie's 'R' Good Enough, which they actually showed a couple of times on Friday Night Videos. To know that Cyndi Lauper was every remotely connected to The Goonies was almost more than I could handle. Occasionally I'd put in the movie just so I could hear the song.

After The Goonies, her next album True Colors held a whole new slew of songs for me to devour. Looking back at the songs on the album, I'd forgotten a handful of the songs that I loved. I should say I forgot her True Colors album was where they were from.

When I was in high school I made an effort to track down songs on albums that I didn't or couldn't purchase when I was in junior high. Change Of Heart was one of those songs on her True Colors album. It was one of the songs on the soundtrack of the movie that I would never be written. But I had a soundtrack!

Cyndi Lauper was the music for snuggled-up rainy days. Time After Time. She was pick-me-up music. True Colors. She was music for those blue days when you don't want to get out from underneath the covers. True Colors. She was music when you felt sassy. She Bop.

Pamie puts it best, in a way that I knew but hadn't put into wrods. "I realized it's because of Cyndi that I'm unafraid to sing in my loudest voice, even if I don't hit all of the notes, because the passion and the heart are more important."

And she is so right. Cyndi Lauper was never afraid to express what her heart desired. Cyndi Lauper spoke her mind and didn't care what anyone had to say.
I posted this @ 4/17/2006 10:05:00 AM.............Need a link?..........

I'm a 30-something student of human nature. A music-lovin', groove-shakin', laugh-inducin', dish-cookin', gossip-slingin', type of guy. This is my diary of sorts...

HOME
100 Things
How Well Do You Know Me?


4124101
yahoo
omahomo

Olbermann: Gay marriage is a question of love
Gay ex-governor says he's too poor for alimony
-Barack’s Gay Balance
Calif. Supreme Court rejects gay marriage ban
-Where the Bears don't fear to tread
ABBA Melody
by
ABBA PUPPETS

BLOGROLL ME!

"The Day I Helped Kill A Baby" - Joe.My.God.
"Summertime Blues" - Tomato Nation
"Mama Crazy" - Pamie.com
"Something I Will Never Forget" - Pamie.com
"OMG! It's a teenager." - Does This Mean...
"The God of Comedy Setup Lines" - Frolic & Detour
"Can't Handle The Tooth" - Hissyfit

F6 l c f+++! g+ m++ s(e)

B6 d- t k+ s u-- f i o+ x e+ l+ c

GSS d- s: a C++ W++ PS+ tv++ b+ e++ h- r++ y+

SMo/Ga/Ma A31 W+ H+ w h D+ E+ C++ e++ f Ma S+++

B3 f c-v g+ k? s--

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Add to Technorati Favorites!


Counting Sheep
Originally uploaded by Fib.