The Comical Misadventures of a Rambling Mind
3/21/2005
NO BUSINESS LIKE SHOW BUSINESS

I'm back in a Netflix swing. Watching and returning movies with lightning speed!


Life Is Beautiful - (No Rating) The movie won awards. I'm sure it is a good film, but I had it for a LONG long time and it didn't make it into the dvd player. Maybe I'll rent it another time when I feel like it. Yet for now... Sorry Roberto.


The Forgotten - (B-) I can see why this movie didn't take the big screen by storm. While it is supenseful, with it's twists and turns. It has a hard reputation to live up to when you've got films like The Sixth Sense, A Beautiful Mind, & The Usual Suspects raising the bar on what a movie can lead us to believe. I like Julianne Moore as an actress. She plays the part of a greiving mother on the brink of losing her sanity quite well. The viewers are slapped in the face with a not-so-subtle hint as to what the reason is behind her son's mysterious disapperance and death. Without giving the ending away, I'm not sure if I would've like to have had the reason withheld till closer to the end or not. Watching it, your thinking goes from 'How' to 'Why.' For me, the how is more intriguing when it comes to movies. I find that the why is usually just a passing thought so I don't invest much in hoping to be wowwed by the 'Why.'

Latter Days - (C) This movie doesn't pull any punches with the message it is trying to present. Yet because it of a low budget, C-List actors (with a couple B's thrown in here and there), and unknown or local band type soundtrack, the film has a Afterschool Special flavor to it. This would be the type of movie I'd write, if I could ever put my ideas into a coherent form. Not because of the subject, but in how it is told. One or two dimensional characters who changes their attitudes in the end. The characters act exactly how they are supposed to act. The subject matter is handled also insensatively, but that could just be me being over-sensative. I got half-way through it that by the point that I picked up my GBA and started playing it I didn't want to turn it off because I at least wanted to see how it would end.

The queue is primed and ready to send the next three films. We've got a mockumentary, a comedy, and a cult psychological thriller. A nice mix.
I posted this @ 3/21/2005 02:40:00 PM.............Need a link?..........

I'm a 30-something student of human nature. A music-lovin', groove-shakin', laugh-inducin', dish-cookin', gossip-slingin', type of guy. This is my diary of sorts...

HOME
100 Things
How Well Do You Know Me?


4124101
yahoo
omahomo

Olbermann: Gay marriage is a question of love
Gay ex-governor says he's too poor for alimony
-Barack’s Gay Balance
Calif. Supreme Court rejects gay marriage ban
-Where the Bears don't fear to tread
ABBA Melody
by
ABBA PUPPETS

BLOGROLL ME!

"The Day I Helped Kill A Baby" - Joe.My.God.
"Summertime Blues" - Tomato Nation
"Mama Crazy" - Pamie.com
"Something I Will Never Forget" - Pamie.com
"OMG! It's a teenager." - Does This Mean...
"The God of Comedy Setup Lines" - Frolic & Detour
"Can't Handle The Tooth" - Hissyfit

F6 l c f+++! g+ m++ s(e)

B6 d- t k+ s u-- f i o+ x e+ l+ c

GSS d- s: a C++ W++ PS+ tv++ b+ e++ h- r++ y+

SMo/Ga/Ma A31 W+ H+ w h D+ E+ C++ e++ f Ma S+++

B3 f c-v g+ k? s--

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Add to Technorati Favorites!


Counting Sheep
Originally uploaded by Fib.