The Comical Misadventures of a Rambling Mind
3/15/2007

WAS I OUTTA MY HEAD? WAS I OUTTA MY MIND?

I've been going crazy today. I just want some silence. My brain is a noisy place today I just need some peace and quiet.

Let me give you a bit of Office Geography before I continue. As you look down the hall there is a fire alarm on the wall towards the ceiling. Then my office door. Then a secuirty panel. Then a heavy fire door leading to next department.

FIRE ALARM --- OFFICE --- SECURITY PANEL --- FIRE DOOR

EVERYTHING was making noises today. First of all the fire door is broken. It has a hydraulic box attached to it that normally would slow down the closing of the door. This part is broken so the door has been slamming shut all day. On top of that, everyone that walks through the door commments that the door is broken.

SLAM!!! "Oh wow! That needs to be fixed. That scared me."

How do you think I feel!?

Next... The security panel has been chirping and buzzing today. In the 2+ years that I've worked at the hospital it has occasionally sounded off as though there was an issue with it. Someone would call maintainence and/or security. They would look at it. Go flip a couple switches somewhere else and it would stop. They woudl say they would 'fix' it, but it's never happened. They just shut it off for a while. Til the next day when things have all been shut off at one point and reset for secuirty reasons. This noise is loud and obnoxious. Because it is a security alarm. It is meant to get your attention.

Lastly is the fire alarm. The way our building is set up, if a fire alarm is triggered somewhere in the department (which spans the whoel floor of our specific building) then all the fire alarms go off in on that floor of the building. Rather than in just that department. In the event of an actual fire, there is logic... But in the event of a false alarm, it is a loud annoying noise that just adds to the symphony of sound I've been experiencing.

Humorously enough when someone came to check out the security panel, they thought it was going off because of the fire alarm. Good assumption, but no...

I now have the largest headache this side of the Missouri.

Labels:

I posted this @ 3/15/2007 02:40:00 PM.............Need a link?..........

I'm a 30-something student of human nature. A music-lovin', groove-shakin', laugh-inducin', dish-cookin', gossip-slingin', type of guy. This is my diary of sorts...

HOME
100 Things
How Well Do You Know Me?


4124101
yahoo
omahomo

Olbermann: Gay marriage is a question of love
Gay ex-governor says he's too poor for alimony
-Barack’s Gay Balance
Calif. Supreme Court rejects gay marriage ban
-Where the Bears don't fear to tread
ABBA Melody
by
ABBA PUPPETS

BLOGROLL ME!

"The Day I Helped Kill A Baby" - Joe.My.God.
"Summertime Blues" - Tomato Nation
"Mama Crazy" - Pamie.com
"Something I Will Never Forget" - Pamie.com
"OMG! It's a teenager." - Does This Mean...
"The God of Comedy Setup Lines" - Frolic & Detour
"Can't Handle The Tooth" - Hissyfit

F6 l c f+++! g+ m++ s(e)

B6 d- t k+ s u-- f i o+ x e+ l+ c

GSS d- s: a C++ W++ PS+ tv++ b+ e++ h- r++ y+

SMo/Ga/Ma A31 W+ H+ w h D+ E+ C++ e++ f Ma S+++

B3 f c-v g+ k? s--

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Add to Technorati Favorites!


Counting Sheep
Originally uploaded by Fib.