The Comical Misadventures of a Rambling Mind
3/12/2007

YOU'RE THE ONE THAT I WANT

After many stressful weekends in the Cute Teacher's life, the 'big' weekend finally arrived. After months of late rehearsals and snow days and trips to various thrift stores to find accessories and props, the day had arrived. The Cute Teacher was the assistant director for a high school production of Grease. I haven't watched the actual show in ages. I know the songs, and have been hearing a lot of them lately by association. To finally see it all put together was very cool.

I arrived a half hour in town a half hour before the show started. I cruised around a bit before actually heading to the show. I didn't want to be tooearly. This was the wrong thing to do. I was unprepared for how many people would actually be in attendance. The auditorium was easily seating 500 people.

That is one thing I enjoy about small towns. The community support for such local productions is amazing. Of course, it's because the majority of people know someone in the show and they are there to root them on. Because of my early (yet tardy) arrival I sat towards the back of the auditorium. I could still hear everything, but occasionally my view would be obstructed by the elderly gentleman in front of me. Fortunately he slept through most of it and I was able to see over his slumped-forward head.

I, apparently, had seated myself in the gossip section. Not only did I hear about various vacations or group trips that people were planning on taking. I also learned that apparently some times were printed incorrectly which was the cause of strife between one couple as they showed up a half hour into the show and took a seat next to me. He was apologetic enough, but she could have been related to a harpy. For the first act of the show you could hear her complain that her husband had wrote down the wrong time. She might as well go home because she couldn't see the stage. She demanded his keys several times so she could go to the car. After her second plea for the keys, following much complaining... I was willing to give her mine jsut so she would shut the hell up.

During intermission I believe she must have crept off to have a quick drink because she returned in a much better mood. Now she was singing along with the songs... Hate.

But overall the show was really good. There were several students that I was impressed with their performance. The Cute Teacher tries to play the shows down, partially out of modesty, but also I believe so that I won't get my hopes up. Considering I've not seen an actual Broadway show, I'm perfectly content with the performances that a high schooler can give. He is a much tougher critic than I.


This weekend has really brought about a small town feel. Nothing unusual. I get this every so often. I went to Nebraska City over the weekend as well. I like the fact that most things remain the same there. It is a nice way to ground myself and get going again. It's relaxing to me to see people that I've known for over a decade. It's reassuring to know that however hectic my life may seem that I can find peace in something like a small town.

Would I ever move back? Who knows... I don't foresee it anytime soon. But, I still like it.

Labels: , ,

I posted this @ 3/12/2007 09:19:00 AM.............Need a link?..........

I'm a 30-something student of human nature. A music-lovin', groove-shakin', laugh-inducin', dish-cookin', gossip-slingin', type of guy. This is my diary of sorts...

HOME
100 Things
How Well Do You Know Me?


4124101
yahoo
omahomo

Olbermann: Gay marriage is a question of love
Gay ex-governor says he's too poor for alimony
-Barack’s Gay Balance
Calif. Supreme Court rejects gay marriage ban
-Where the Bears don't fear to tread
ABBA Melody
by
ABBA PUPPETS

BLOGROLL ME!

"The Day I Helped Kill A Baby" - Joe.My.God.
"Summertime Blues" - Tomato Nation
"Mama Crazy" - Pamie.com
"Something I Will Never Forget" - Pamie.com
"OMG! It's a teenager." - Does This Mean...
"The God of Comedy Setup Lines" - Frolic & Detour
"Can't Handle The Tooth" - Hissyfit

F6 l c f+++! g+ m++ s(e)

B6 d- t k+ s u-- f i o+ x e+ l+ c

GSS d- s: a C++ W++ PS+ tv++ b+ e++ h- r++ y+

SMo/Ga/Ma A31 W+ H+ w h D+ E+ C++ e++ f Ma S+++

B3 f c-v g+ k? s--

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Add to Technorati Favorites!


Counting Sheep
Originally uploaded by Fib.