The Comical Misadventures of a Rambling Mind
3/07/2007

A WHOLE LOTTA SPENDIN' MONEY

Money has always been an issue for me. When I first moved away from home. I took it upon myself to be the one that was in charge of the bills, even tho I had a roommate. There were two incomes for one place. Bills were split evenly and fairly. It was a great arrangement. When I ended up having a place of my own, at first I was concerned that I wasn't going to be able to make it. Single people do it all the time, sure... But I never had. The prospect was daunting at first. Welcome to the real world. Here is your first set of bills. Oh, and we'll need a deposit on all this as well.

I was able to manage my financial affairs just fine. Then I lost my job. I made some poor financial decisions and lost control of my money for a while. I hated it. I felt like all the financial independence that I'd worked so hard to achieve was lost in a matter of months. It sucks. It happens, but it sucks. I think since then things have been rough. Moving is expensive. Even when you do the moving yourself, it is expensive. The situation now is that I am surviving. I'm floating... treading water. I am slowly making my way back to dry land. In a few years I went from never even dreaming of using my credit card to using it almost too often.

Right now, the bills are paid, but I dread balancing my checking account. I don't ask for sympathy or pity of any kind. I guess I only mention it as a wake up call to anyone who doesn't think it can happen. Money is a cruel mistress. It's unfortunate that it has to be the way it is. I'd be much happier raising chicken in order to barter with locals for supplies. Ok, that's a lie. I'm sure I'd catch some sort of bird flu that way. My point is... Money may not bring happiness, but the lack of money doesn't bring it either.

Labels:

I posted this @ 3/07/2007 11:55:00 AM.............Need a link?..........

I'm a 30-something student of human nature. A music-lovin', groove-shakin', laugh-inducin', dish-cookin', gossip-slingin', type of guy. This is my diary of sorts...

HOME
100 Things
How Well Do You Know Me?


4124101
yahoo
omahomo

Olbermann: Gay marriage is a question of love
Gay ex-governor says he's too poor for alimony
-Barack’s Gay Balance
Calif. Supreme Court rejects gay marriage ban
-Where the Bears don't fear to tread
ABBA Melody
by
ABBA PUPPETS

BLOGROLL ME!

"The Day I Helped Kill A Baby" - Joe.My.God.
"Summertime Blues" - Tomato Nation
"Mama Crazy" - Pamie.com
"Something I Will Never Forget" - Pamie.com
"OMG! It's a teenager." - Does This Mean...
"The God of Comedy Setup Lines" - Frolic & Detour
"Can't Handle The Tooth" - Hissyfit

F6 l c f+++! g+ m++ s(e)

B6 d- t k+ s u-- f i o+ x e+ l+ c

GSS d- s: a C++ W++ PS+ tv++ b+ e++ h- r++ y+

SMo/Ga/Ma A31 W+ H+ w h D+ E+ C++ e++ f Ma S+++

B3 f c-v g+ k? s--

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Add to Technorati Favorites!


Counting Sheep
Originally uploaded by Fib.