The Comical Misadventures of a Rambling Mind
5/15/2006

TIE ME UP TIE ME DOWN

Interviews are something I dread. Not because of any pressure to answer questions. Or because of trying to impress someone who could potentially be your boss. Simply because I hate wearing ties. Hate.

I don't know that I can say exactly what it is about wearing a tie that I hate, but that's not going to stop me from trying for the next 300+ words.

When I worked as a manager at McDonald's, besides it being a proud time in my life, I was asked to wear a tie if I work a buttoned shirt. Can I tell you, I rarely wore a button-up shirt. It was polos all the way. All the shirts they offered (free) were short sleeved. I have always felt that I look stupid with a tie (dressy) and a short-sleeve shirt (casual). Did I mention these were clip on ties? Stylin'!

When I started at Boys Town, we had to dress up every day for the two weeks of training. I specifically went out and bought collar-less dress shirts so I wouldn't have to wear a tie. Luckily, once training ended I didn't have to wear tie for a long damn time. Since then it has only been interviews that I've worn ties.

Actually, that isn't entirely true. I've worn ties as part of weddings that I've been asked to be in. Which I'm ok with. It's a weird contradiction. I hate wearing tie, unless it involves a tux. I'm very all or nothing when it comes to clothing. Yes... you heard that right. Gutter minds.

Yet, tuxedos are a little much for a job interview. Unless you are going to be working as a professional mannequin or wedding cake-topper. But how often do those jobs come along.

So tie or no tie. The job interview I had today went quite well. It wasn't 30 seconds after I left the building that my tie came off.
I posted this @ 5/15/2006 11:31:00 AM.............Need a link?..........

I'm a 30-something student of human nature. A music-lovin', groove-shakin', laugh-inducin', dish-cookin', gossip-slingin', type of guy. This is my diary of sorts...

HOME
100 Things
How Well Do You Know Me?


4124101
yahoo
omahomo

Olbermann: Gay marriage is a question of love
Gay ex-governor says he's too poor for alimony
-Barack’s Gay Balance
Calif. Supreme Court rejects gay marriage ban
-Where the Bears don't fear to tread
ABBA Melody
by
ABBA PUPPETS

BLOGROLL ME!

"The Day I Helped Kill A Baby" - Joe.My.God.
"Summertime Blues" - Tomato Nation
"Mama Crazy" - Pamie.com
"Something I Will Never Forget" - Pamie.com
"OMG! It's a teenager." - Does This Mean...
"The God of Comedy Setup Lines" - Frolic & Detour
"Can't Handle The Tooth" - Hissyfit

F6 l c f+++! g+ m++ s(e)

B6 d- t k+ s u-- f i o+ x e+ l+ c

GSS d- s: a C++ W++ PS+ tv++ b+ e++ h- r++ y+

SMo/Ga/Ma A31 W+ H+ w h D+ E+ C++ e++ f Ma S+++

B3 f c-v g+ k? s--

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Add to Technorati Favorites!


Counting Sheep
Originally uploaded by Fib.