The Comical Misadventures of a Rambling Mind
10/15/2005

I WRITE THE SONGS

When I stumbled across this, I knew it would be the end of me.

I am always in on the lookout (earout?) for new music. When Napster was first out, it had a function where you could find new or barely known artists and songs based on the genre of music you liked. I came across a bunch of new bands that I liked that way. Guster, Spoon, Apples In Stereo, Chantel Kreviazuk, just to name a few. Then there was Launch radio by Yahoo that helped me out. You could pick a station based on a style of music you liked or maybe an artist. You could rate the song and Launch would play more music based on those ratings. Then came Music Choice through Cox cable. This was cool in the respect that it played such a wide variety of music, it wasn't ad intensive like Yahoo's Launch. Though, you couldn't rate the music and tailor the station to your liking. XM soon came along with the wide selection to choose from. The variety is amazing! Although, I'd say that a lot of the stations have very similar sounds to them. There is a fine line between Lucy (Channel 54) which plays modern (alternative) rock hits and Ethel (Channel 47) which plays modern (alternative) rock. I guess the ones that are... not hits?

So Pandora isn't anything tremendously new, but it is actually quite novel in it's approach. It analyzes music based deeper characteristics of the music. Is your favorite band an upbeat peppy boy band with perfect harmony? Ballads sung in a minor key? Electric or acoustic instruments? Looking at such characteristics it plays selections that best match the criteria you put in. All you have to do is put in your favorite artist(s).

You can listen for free or subscribe and have your station that you've crafted saved.

Being such a huge music buff, I had to pass this on. Rereading this post I sound like a commercial...
I posted this @ 10/15/2005 06:53:00 AM.............Need a link?..........

I'm a 30-something student of human nature. A music-lovin', groove-shakin', laugh-inducin', dish-cookin', gossip-slingin', type of guy. This is my diary of sorts...

HOME
100 Things
How Well Do You Know Me?


4124101
yahoo
omahomo

Olbermann: Gay marriage is a question of love
Gay ex-governor says he's too poor for alimony
-Barack’s Gay Balance
Calif. Supreme Court rejects gay marriage ban
-Where the Bears don't fear to tread
ABBA Melody
by
ABBA PUPPETS

BLOGROLL ME!

"The Day I Helped Kill A Baby" - Joe.My.God.
"Summertime Blues" - Tomato Nation
"Mama Crazy" - Pamie.com
"Something I Will Never Forget" - Pamie.com
"OMG! It's a teenager." - Does This Mean...
"The God of Comedy Setup Lines" - Frolic & Detour
"Can't Handle The Tooth" - Hissyfit

F6 l c f+++! g+ m++ s(e)

B6 d- t k+ s u-- f i o+ x e+ l+ c

GSS d- s: a C++ W++ PS+ tv++ b+ e++ h- r++ y+

SMo/Ga/Ma A31 W+ H+ w h D+ E+ C++ e++ f Ma S+++

B3 f c-v g+ k? s--

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Add to Technorati Favorites!


Counting Sheep
Originally uploaded by Fib.