The Comical Misadventures of a Rambling Mind
6/16/2005

DREAM BABY by Roy Orbison

Ok so I had a dream the other night. It was a two-parter that really didn't seem to connect, but it was like there was a commercial break and then back to the dream.

The first part of the dream was very brief. I was hiking somewhere very cold. It was a nondescript mountain path. We weren't up very high or on a narrow path. The snow had the feel of Dippin' Dots or those little foam beads that are in side bean bags. I was hiking with a couple other people who didn't play any part at all. I sat down for a break. We were waiting for someone to show up and then we were going to start hiking again. All of the sudden a SVU pulls up along the path and one of my co-workers gets out. She had just got back from her vacation in Aruba. I specifically remember where she went on vacation because as she complained about how cold it was, I asked her how the weather was in Aruba, in a friendly mocking tone.

I don't know if I woke up at some point and then went back to sleep or if I just recall both dreams as one continuous event.

In the second part of the dream I was taking a tour of a house with Little. It was a good sized home with lots of windows and a very open floor plan. It was as if each floor of the house didn't have any walls dividing the rooms (at least on the floor I was on). We were on the second floor and you could see the support columns in the room, but like I said, no real room dividing walls. There were a lot of boxes of books and various unpacked belongings on the second floor. It was more like an attic than an actual living area of a house. Not unclean. Just not furnished like a house. There were two heavy-set ladies showing us around the house. They looked familiar, but I couldn't place the face. The explained to us that in this three story home one family lived on the first floor and another family lived on the third floor, she said, making a gesture to a set of stairs that led upstairs and down. There was a large crate that had a lot of paintings and framed artwork and posters. I was flipping through the crate looking at each piece. They were set up in the way you might find them set up in a store. You tilt one forward to see the one behind it. The old of the two ladies chided me for not being more careful with the paintings. Even though the piece I was currently looking at seemed like nothing more that a child's cartoon character, she explained that several of them were hand painted by the original artist who first created the beloved childhood toon.

As we continued to walk around the house we came upon a room with a sink (bathroom, kitchen, I don't really know) that was very brightly colored. The painted seemed to be peeling in some places (or worn away on purpose) The colors ranged from a vivid ocean blue to a bright flamingo pink with some purples here and there where the colors faded into each other. I was quite surprised by such a loud choice of room color. It had a tropical feel to it. I even mentioned that it looked like something you'd seen in Aruba.

Again, Aruba.

As Little Chris and I were leaving I asked him if he knew who the two ladies were. He didn't know their first names, but knew their last name. It turned out that they were my aunt and cousin on my biological Mother's side of the family. These are people that I haven't seen in years. The more I started thinking about the house, it reminded me of my maternal Grandparents home in Nebraska City. My recollection of their house is very dark. Not in a bad way, but dark wood, dark carpeting, dark colored furniture. The kitchen was the only light colored room in the place, but not done in any crazy colors.

Looking at what is currently going on in my waking life. The co-worker that made an appearance is getting married soon and will be eventually going on a honeymoon, but not to Aruba. There has been a lot in the news about Aruba, with the disapperance of a young woman. I recently added some baby photos, one of which included me at my maternal Grandparents house. While I don't know how long last scene relatives fit into the picture, I suppose in a dream not eveything has to make sense. I guess my brain was chugging and regurgetating all that it had witnessed lately.
I posted this @ 6/16/2005 02:17:00 PM.............Need a link?..........

I'm a 30-something student of human nature. A music-lovin', groove-shakin', laugh-inducin', dish-cookin', gossip-slingin', type of guy. This is my diary of sorts...

HOME
100 Things
How Well Do You Know Me?


4124101
yahoo
omahomo

Olbermann: Gay marriage is a question of love
Gay ex-governor says he's too poor for alimony
-Barack’s Gay Balance
Calif. Supreme Court rejects gay marriage ban
-Where the Bears don't fear to tread
ABBA Melody
by
ABBA PUPPETS

BLOGROLL ME!

"The Day I Helped Kill A Baby" - Joe.My.God.
"Summertime Blues" - Tomato Nation
"Mama Crazy" - Pamie.com
"Something I Will Never Forget" - Pamie.com
"OMG! It's a teenager." - Does This Mean...
"The God of Comedy Setup Lines" - Frolic & Detour
"Can't Handle The Tooth" - Hissyfit

F6 l c f+++! g+ m++ s(e)

B6 d- t k+ s u-- f i o+ x e+ l+ c

GSS d- s: a C++ W++ PS+ tv++ b+ e++ h- r++ y+

SMo/Ga/Ma A31 W+ H+ w h D+ E+ C++ e++ f Ma S+++

B3 f c-v g+ k? s--

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Add to Technorati Favorites!


Counting Sheep
Originally uploaded by Fib.