The Comical Misadventures of a Rambling Mind
5/20/2004
TURN YOUR BACK ON THE SUN by Edna Swap

I love foggy mornings. There is something 'comfy' about them. The cool feeling in the air. The moisture in every breath. They are very Seattle to me.

Stepping outside I was reminded of when I was a child and would be on vacation with my Grandparents. We typically went to the same small town in Wyoming every year. Occasionally we would go to visit a relative somewhere else in the country.

On the way to wherever we were going we'd park our camper in an RV park, or campground, or sometimes even just a store parking lot if it was a really small town. We'd get up early so we could be on the road before too much traffic started. The air would be just like it is today… Cool… Foggy… Moist… All sounds were muffled. The fog kept things quiet and still.

I remember I'd sit in the camper and run my fingers along the window as the water droplets collected on the mesh screen. The smell of cheap metal from the mesh would be on my hands for hours. I'd curl up into my pillow and tightly hold whatever stuffed animal I had adopted that year.

I was always sad to see the sun chase the fog away. The summer sun was hot. If the fog stayed past noon, or if it turned to rain my day became even better. Rain usually meant thunder and lightning. Puddles to play in. The sound of windshield wipers squeaking rhythmically on the glass.

I would use a jar and try to capture a piece of the fog. I wanted to save it a sunny day.

The fog makes me want to go camping. Curl up on a sleeping bag in a tent and listen to the moisture and rain drip down the sides. Who wants to come along?
I posted this @ 5/20/2004 04:25:00 AM.............Need a link?..........

I'm a 30-something student of human nature. A music-lovin', groove-shakin', laugh-inducin', dish-cookin', gossip-slingin', type of guy. This is my diary of sorts...

HOME
100 Things
How Well Do You Know Me?


4124101
yahoo
omahomo

Olbermann: Gay marriage is a question of love
Gay ex-governor says he's too poor for alimony
-Barack’s Gay Balance
Calif. Supreme Court rejects gay marriage ban
-Where the Bears don't fear to tread
ABBA Melody
by
ABBA PUPPETS

BLOGROLL ME!

"The Day I Helped Kill A Baby" - Joe.My.God.
"Summertime Blues" - Tomato Nation
"Mama Crazy" - Pamie.com
"Something I Will Never Forget" - Pamie.com
"OMG! It's a teenager." - Does This Mean...
"The God of Comedy Setup Lines" - Frolic & Detour
"Can't Handle The Tooth" - Hissyfit

F6 l c f+++! g+ m++ s(e)

B6 d- t k+ s u-- f i o+ x e+ l+ c

GSS d- s: a C++ W++ PS+ tv++ b+ e++ h- r++ y+

SMo/Ga/Ma A31 W+ H+ w h D+ E+ C++ e++ f Ma S+++

B3 f c-v g+ k? s--

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Add to Technorati Favorites!


Counting Sheep
Originally uploaded by Fib.