The Comical Misadventures of a Rambling Mind
1/27/2008

THAT'S THE IMPRESSION THAT I GET

My favorite Italian restaurant has been Carrabba's, for a while now. I go at least once a month if not more. Our favorite waitress at Carrabba's is Amy. Typically I'm one to look sideways at someone who is very overly friendly. Not in a bad way, but part of my questions it, like... "What're they selling?"

This is one example where that wasn't the case at all. The first time we had Amy as a waitress she was perky, friendly, and attentive as a waitress. In explaining why their steak was good, she acknowledged that it might not be typical to get good steak and a pasta place. But her dad 'knows' steak (I don't know...), and this was good steak. Also she was a bit worn out from playing tennis earlier that day. And blah blah blah... even tho she was oversharing a little bit, no one seemed to mind. She also was more than willing to spill the secret recipe for the herb dipping mixture that Carrabba's uses. I make it at home now and use it all the time.

So after that night we always looked for Amy when we went there. Asking for her, hoping to get her table. But no luck. Until last night.

Now, here is what is impressive to me. She left a great impression on us. She was fun, friendly, attentive, a great waitress and seemed like a really cool person. This was MONTHS ago, maybe summertime? So here last night, she came up to us. Totally recognized us. We told her about hoping to get her again as a our waitress. She told us it was her last night. Sad. Because you rarely find servers that are friendly without seeming fake.

I just find it pretty darned cool that she left that much of an impression on us and we on her that she remembered us. Like I said... that doesn't happen very often.

Best of luck as a nurse, Amy! Come have dinner with us at Carrabba's sometime.

Labels: ,

I posted this @ 1/27/2008 01:11:00 PM.............Need a link?..........

I'm a 30-something student of human nature. A music-lovin', groove-shakin', laugh-inducin', dish-cookin', gossip-slingin', type of guy. This is my diary of sorts...

HOME
100 Things
How Well Do You Know Me?


4124101
yahoo
omahomo

Olbermann: Gay marriage is a question of love
Gay ex-governor says he's too poor for alimony
-Barack’s Gay Balance
Calif. Supreme Court rejects gay marriage ban
-Where the Bears don't fear to tread
ABBA Melody
by
ABBA PUPPETS

BLOGROLL ME!

"The Day I Helped Kill A Baby" - Joe.My.God.
"Summertime Blues" - Tomato Nation
"Mama Crazy" - Pamie.com
"Something I Will Never Forget" - Pamie.com
"OMG! It's a teenager." - Does This Mean...
"The God of Comedy Setup Lines" - Frolic & Detour
"Can't Handle The Tooth" - Hissyfit

F6 l c f+++! g+ m++ s(e)

B6 d- t k+ s u-- f i o+ x e+ l+ c

GSS d- s: a C++ W++ PS+ tv++ b+ e++ h- r++ y+

SMo/Ga/Ma A31 W+ H+ w h D+ E+ C++ e++ f Ma S+++

B3 f c-v g+ k? s--

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Add to Technorati Favorites!


Counting Sheep
Originally uploaded by Fib.