The Comical Misadventures of a Rambling Mind
11/27/2006

LUST FOR LIFE

I've been formulating this post in my head for a while now. At first I wasn't sure exactly what to say. Then I wasn't sure how to say it. In the end, as many of you can attest to... when I do have something to say, I just say it. Toss it out there for all to see.

There is a difference between lust and love. Most people (hopefully) figure it out early on. I've always considered myself a late bloomer, and I guess this is just one more piece of evidence to that conclusion.

Love is...

You can fill the rest of the sentence on your own, because I honestly think love is one of those conceptual feelings that is different for everyone. What I love is different from what someone else loves. So I won't even try to define it in general terms. But I wanted to mention it first so you are starting to think about The Big L before I brought up lust.

Lust is hot! Lust is primal. Lust is someone that makes you forget what you were saying in the middle of a sentence because you were suddenly overcome with... well, lust! It's a passion filled grope on the stairs. It's barley letting the door close before your hands find a way into their clothing. Lust is drama and desire. Lust is was sells romance novels and chick flicks. Lust is what sells magazines and swimsuit calendars. If you've never experienced lust, you might want to go see a doctor.

You can be in love and have all those things as well. But you can very easily have all the above mentioned and not be in love. For as much as I profess my love for Sean Astin, it is, alas... lust. People I might see at the mall or in a photo? Lust. People in a movie or on TV? Lust. Harmless really.

I don't know that this is typical for other people. But it is for me. I rarely pursue my lustful dreams. Using the Sean Astin analogy once again. I probably won't end up on his door step (without his address). Occasionally I do follow such dreams. But when and if I do... it isn't because of lust. It is because of something more. Call it what you will. It isn't something I regret. Far from it. I can't say that I wouldn't wish such lusty pursuits would be more fruitful. Alas... that is not the case.

For me, love is simple. Love is feeling like you can be yourself around someone. Love is liking who you are when you are with that person. Love is having enough similarities to enjoy the common ground, but enough differences to keep you on your toes. Love is, perhaps surprisingly, not feeling that you have to be around that person all the time. There is no need for a constant justification of feelings. Love is losing that special someone in a crowd, and feeling yourself light up when you finally see him. Love is not being afraid to state your opinion for fear of rejection. See? Simple.

Add that to any lustful feelings you may have and you are well on your way.

It may have taken me 32 years to figure this out, but I think I finally did.
I posted this @ 11/27/2006 03:19:00 PM.............Need a link?..........

I'm a 30-something student of human nature. A music-lovin', groove-shakin', laugh-inducin', dish-cookin', gossip-slingin', type of guy. This is my diary of sorts...

HOME
100 Things
How Well Do You Know Me?


4124101
yahoo
omahomo

Olbermann: Gay marriage is a question of love
Gay ex-governor says he's too poor for alimony
-Barack’s Gay Balance
Calif. Supreme Court rejects gay marriage ban
-Where the Bears don't fear to tread
ABBA Melody
by
ABBA PUPPETS

BLOGROLL ME!

"The Day I Helped Kill A Baby" - Joe.My.God.
"Summertime Blues" - Tomato Nation
"Mama Crazy" - Pamie.com
"Something I Will Never Forget" - Pamie.com
"OMG! It's a teenager." - Does This Mean...
"The God of Comedy Setup Lines" - Frolic & Detour
"Can't Handle The Tooth" - Hissyfit

F6 l c f+++! g+ m++ s(e)

B6 d- t k+ s u-- f i o+ x e+ l+ c

GSS d- s: a C++ W++ PS+ tv++ b+ e++ h- r++ y+

SMo/Ga/Ma A31 W+ H+ w h D+ E+ C++ e++ f Ma S+++

B3 f c-v g+ k? s--

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Add to Technorati Favorites!


Counting Sheep
Originally uploaded by Fib.