The Comical Misadventures of a Rambling Mind
6/06/2006

FEELIN' HOT HOT HOT

I've always been a picky eater. I would never make a good chef, because half the stuff I just wouldn't eat. Not even for the sake of preparing it for someone else. Growing up with my grandparents my Grandmother had two very difficult people to cook for me. Me, obviously... The other person was my Grandfather. He didn't like spicy food. Salt and pepper were a must, but anything much spicier than that and he couldn't handle it. Tomatoes were about the spiciest thing he'd eat. As a result, much of her food was bland, flavor-wise, but still tasty.

Our tastes change as we get older. This is scientific.

What is less than scientific is what our sense of tastes changes too. I can remember loving plum baby food. I can't explain it, but I know I did. Seeing, even smelling, the stuff now is disgusting to me. I suppose that might change if I had a kid. Even seeing a regular plum draws thesame reaction from me. At some point in my life I couldn't get enough fried zucchini. I loved the stuff. I'd eat it with every meal if I could. Then one day I just stopped. No more. I was done. It was dead to me now. No explination.

Once I started to cook for myself, I discovered how much I enjoy cooking. I loved finding a new recipe and trying to prepare it. I loved tasting new spices. I loved taste 'exotic' flavors. Chinese food. Mexican seasoning. Italian sauces. Indian curried flavors. Greek! I was in heaven. Everything was so new to me, having never been exposed to it before.

Even now though my tastes are still changing. Recently I've discovered that jalapenos hold no more thrill for me. Where before the heat from a good jalapeno was enjoyable. Now, I just don't care for it. I still crave and enjoy the heat from other foods, even vinegary foods like pepperoncinis. Yet the magic of jalapenos seems to have worn off. Maybe it's a temporary thing. Maybe not.

Nachos will never been the same again.
I posted this @ 6/06/2006 07:27:00 AM.............Need a link?..........

I'm a 30-something student of human nature. A music-lovin', groove-shakin', laugh-inducin', dish-cookin', gossip-slingin', type of guy. This is my diary of sorts...

HOME
100 Things
How Well Do You Know Me?


4124101
yahoo
omahomo

Olbermann: Gay marriage is a question of love
Gay ex-governor says he's too poor for alimony
-Barack’s Gay Balance
Calif. Supreme Court rejects gay marriage ban
-Where the Bears don't fear to tread
ABBA Melody
by
ABBA PUPPETS

BLOGROLL ME!

"The Day I Helped Kill A Baby" - Joe.My.God.
"Summertime Blues" - Tomato Nation
"Mama Crazy" - Pamie.com
"Something I Will Never Forget" - Pamie.com
"OMG! It's a teenager." - Does This Mean...
"The God of Comedy Setup Lines" - Frolic & Detour
"Can't Handle The Tooth" - Hissyfit

F6 l c f+++! g+ m++ s(e)

B6 d- t k+ s u-- f i o+ x e+ l+ c

GSS d- s: a C++ W++ PS+ tv++ b+ e++ h- r++ y+

SMo/Ga/Ma A31 W+ H+ w h D+ E+ C++ e++ f Ma S+++

B3 f c-v g+ k? s--

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Add to Technorati Favorites!


Counting Sheep
Originally uploaded by Fib.