The Comical Misadventures of a Rambling Mind
6/24/2005

EAT IT by Weird Al

I walked into the breakroom to heat up my food. The place smelled like a cross between a grilled ham and cheese and an Office Depot. The microwave in the copy room is on a table/desk that is lower than most counters. I toss my burger, Ziploc container and all, into the microwave, shut the door, set phasers to kill for 1m 30s and stepped away from the device. It's at this point that I look around to see if there are any cool office supplies that I could make use of (read: play with) at my desk. I could smell the cheese from my homemade burger as well as another scent I couldn't quickly identify. The microwave went off. As I opened the door I noticed that there was something wrong with my container. At first glance it seemed smaller, like it melted, warped, and shrunk.

What had actually happend was I'd pushed someone else lunch back deeper into the microwave and double-nuked their food along with my own. This microwave is typically VERY strong anyway. I don't know how long they'd heated their food for, but another minute and a half hadn't enhanced their dish at all. It looked crispy. And not the enjoyable kind of crispy.

No one come into the room while I was using the microwave. So I left with no one really knowing.

What gets me is this... Why walk off and leave your food? There are, easily, over two dozen people that work in this area of the building that would use that microwave. How difficult is it to stand by your food for even a couple minutes and retrieve it in a timely manner?

Oh well... Enjoy your lunches!
I posted this @ 6/24/2005 11:11:00 AM.............Need a link?..........

I'm a 30-something student of human nature. A music-lovin', groove-shakin', laugh-inducin', dish-cookin', gossip-slingin', type of guy. This is my diary of sorts...

HOME
100 Things
How Well Do You Know Me?


4124101
yahoo
omahomo

Olbermann: Gay marriage is a question of love
Gay ex-governor says he's too poor for alimony
-Barack’s Gay Balance
Calif. Supreme Court rejects gay marriage ban
-Where the Bears don't fear to tread
ABBA Melody
by
ABBA PUPPETS

BLOGROLL ME!

"The Day I Helped Kill A Baby" - Joe.My.God.
"Summertime Blues" - Tomato Nation
"Mama Crazy" - Pamie.com
"Something I Will Never Forget" - Pamie.com
"OMG! It's a teenager." - Does This Mean...
"The God of Comedy Setup Lines" - Frolic & Detour
"Can't Handle The Tooth" - Hissyfit

F6 l c f+++! g+ m++ s(e)

B6 d- t k+ s u-- f i o+ x e+ l+ c

GSS d- s: a C++ W++ PS+ tv++ b+ e++ h- r++ y+

SMo/Ga/Ma A31 W+ H+ w h D+ E+ C++ e++ f Ma S+++

B3 f c-v g+ k? s--

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Add to Technorati Favorites!


Counting Sheep
Originally uploaded by Fib.